The library building is open!!
We welcome patrons into the library
for browsing and checkouts during regular business hours.
Please remember: ALL items should be returned through the book drop in the entryway so they may be quarantined appropriately.
Public computers are NOT available but you can bring in your own device to access our WiFi.
Our WiFi is always available 24/7 in the parking lot and Butterfly Garden.
We are also still happy to provide CURBSIDE SERVICE.
Call 575.377.6755 or email requests to
and the staff will bring items and print jobs to your car.
You Are Invited!
View auction items up close at Patriots’ Plaza beginning March 8th. Details for registration and participation in the auction are
available in the EVENTS section of this website.
We look forward to seeing you on line!
PLEASE NOTE: The library is currently accepting book donations only. The next Trash to Treasures event will be held in July 2022 and we have inadequate storage for clothing, household items, etc., at this time. Mark your calendar for July 2022!
5x5 Art Works are on sale!!
to Benefit Shuter Library of Angel Fire
The library is featuring eclectic 5"x 5" art works created by professional and aspiring artists from the Moreno Valley and beyond.
See the unique pieces—priced at $55.00 each—on Facebook and call the library to purchase your favorite.
This organization is supported in part by the National Endowment for the Humanities and the New Mexico Humanities Council.
At the Shuter Library of Angel Fire
during the COVID -19 Pandemic...
We're doing everything we can to keep our patrons and our community safe by following all recommendations from the CDC and local authorities.
The library building is closed but the staff is ready and happy to fill requests for your favorite books. Give us a call or send an email. We can also print items that are sent to us by email. Call for further information.
All patrons must wear a mask when visiting the library.
All programs are cancelled until further notice.
The public computers are not available for use at this time.
Details may change. Click on CDC for updates about COVID-19.
Go to the RESOURCES Page for additional information about the virus.
While your family is staying at home, we invite you to check out the following resources
to occupy you and your children.
1. Click HERE for Story Line Online, a free video resource that features the world's best storytellers reading books aloud. Each video includes an activity guide with lessons for K-5 students to do at home.
2. Scholastic has curated a free digital learning hub called Scholastic Learn At Home. This site is divided into opportunities for Pre-K through K, Grades 1-2, Grades 3-5, and Grades 6-9 that cover ELA, STEM, Social Studies, and Social-Emotional Learning. Click on SCHOLASTIC.
3. Through the Kennedy Center Education's Artist-In-Residence program, Mo Willems invites you to his studio every day for the next few weeks at 1:00 pm EDT (11:00 am in New Mexico) for LUNCH DOODLES. Grab your paper, pencils, crayons, and/or markers and join Mo to explore writing and making art together. New episodes will be post each day and then remain online for streaming. Just click on DOODLES.
4. The Children’s Book Council & Every Child A Reader is sharing 23 original coloring pages from favorite authors and illustrators. Inspired by the theme "Read. Dream. Share," these pages are for kids and adults of all ages to enjoy during your time at home. Click on COLORING.
5. To protect the public and tax prep volunteers from COVID-19, many VITAs and AARP Tax-Aide locations had to close their in-person tax preparation sites. We encourage you to use #FreeFile to file free online. Check out all of the IRS-sponsored online free tax preparation programs and see if you qualify at www.irs.gov/freefile
Please contact us with any questions by emailing
Audience: All Ages
Mango Languages' conversation and film-based digital resources help you learn more than 60 languages (including English!) from just about anywhere. And the best part? It's free through your library. Click Here for more information on Mango.
Audience: All Ages
Shuter Library is part of the New Mexico Library To Go consortium. Your library card gives you access to thousands of downloadable eBooks and audiobooks with Libby by Overdrive. Contact library staff for your login information.
Filling out the FAFSA can be a complex, but necessary, process. Brainfuse now offers live online FAFSA tutors – available to help both students and parents complete the FAFSA application. Whether you are not sure how to start or have questions on specific aspects, Brainfuse tutors are ready to assist!
On your HelpNow homepage, you will see a Featured Services section. Upon entering this section, you will be able to connect with a live FAFSA tutor. Brainfuse has always been committed to helping students overcome the academic challenges of gaining college admission. With the addition of our new service, we are filling a critical need for those seeking federal financial aid.
How to get and use the FamilyPass
Passes are available at Shuter Library.
The FamilyPass will circulate to library cardholders in good standing with the library.
Each pass will admit up to six people.
Passes may be used by community groups such as senior centers, after- school clubs, summer camps, arts councils, and more!
Click HERE for more information.
Shuter Library of Angel Fire is a public library that is fully funded by donations, grants, and fundraisers.
Our goal: to provide free access to information to the people of the Moreno Valley. This is only possible through the generous support of local businesses, residents, and grants.
Click HERE to find out how you can help Shuter Library of Angel Fire provide consistent service and keep our collection up to date and relevant.